Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Final Reflective Blog

Old vs. New


Sophia’s Reflective Blog
As I reflect about this semester in EME2040- Introduction to Technology for Educators, I feel that it was a very well setup hands on type of course. The course was open to so much creativity and critical thinking. I felt it was intriguing to see first-hand the many different ways that technology can be integrated into the classroom as a 21st century teacher.
                First off, being a teacher has always felt like the dream job for me since I was just a young girl. I can remember setting up my dolls and stuffed animals and in my mind “teaching my first class.” Although today as a 21st century teacher there are many new tools and options for encouraging a successful learning experience. One assignment that really stood out for me this semester was the Collaborative Lesson Plan Project. It required critical thinking and communication between the three of us to be able to debate and discuss ideas back and forth to come up with the best lesson plan possible.
                Secondly, I thought the discussions assignments were a great way to encourage me to read the chapters so that I can reflect and discuss my views with my classmates. It was a task that did not feel too intense yet it was a great learning opportunity. I believe feedback is a key for communication between students and teachers. Whether it is checking a grade online, receiving and email from a teacher or  even reading a posted response from a classmate about an assignment, I think that gives a student an idea of which direction they are heading and if they are on track.
                Lastly I feel that this course was an awesome introductory class for students who are looking forward to having a class of their own. It really provided a quick overview of different ways to introduce technology into the classroom to help the students succeed. I was also very surprised by the many great resources available for accommodating students with disabilities.
                All in all, I feel the 21st century is a perfect time to become a teacher. There are endless options and opportunities to use a variety of technology to make a fun and exciting educational classroom and curriculum. This course really made me anxious to become a favorable and exciting new 21st century teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment